Nine out of ten aspirants called for interviews have the background employers is looking for. It is quite easy to interact with the interviewer while assessing the Profession. But smart bosses and managers always assume rather out of the box and picks shrewd contenders. So, the applicant should be prepared for inexplicable questions.
Beneath are common five questions that are frequently asked from every single candidate.
- CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME/US SOMETHING ABOUT YOURSELF?
This question appears to be very simple, but this isn’t. It can be assumed as the Power-play for the candidate.
- While answering this question, briefly share qualification,summarize achievements and describe the professional strengths (It is up right to mention strengths and weaknesses in one’s profile)
- The applicant should highlight his area of proficiency yet covering that how he is the finest for the Spot
- Amplification of broad qualification and employment history will turn the interviewer’s curiosity off. Sidestep details
- Don’t discourse personal information as the interviewer is not interested
- Dodge political & spiritual debates to ensure work ethics and productivity
- CAN YOU LIST YOUR STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES?
This is an emblematic question every employer always asks. This question has two parts.
- Strength, the candidate need to use tangible examples. If a candidate explains himself as detailed oriented, then he must explain with evidences, like; I have performed routine inspection or audited finances, solely depends upon the position applied for.
- This part appears to be implying negative impact on candidate profile, but this isn’t the actual case. The interviewer basically wants to see your judgment, honesty and integrity. The candidate must turn his weakness to strength.
Like, once I was asked about my weaknesses in an interview, I mentioned “Reluctant to delegate” followed by the reason that “Every time I start a project,I want it to be perfect. Some of the team players don’t understand the severity of work. So, it’s really hard to check on each and everything.”
- WHY ARE YOU LEAVING YOUR CURRENT JOB?
This is the threatening question and need to be responded in the picture-perfect scenario. By some means the reply to this question possibly will select or reject the candidate. So, the contender must stay focus and honest with facts. Instead of being negative about the past employer, take this question as an opportunity to desire about this position, how eager he is to join this organization etc.
For some candidates,this question might be real tough, as they might be fired from their last position. So, their answer must be candid, and the positive aspects of dismissal must be discussed.
- WHY SHOULD WE HIRE YOU?
Few entrants are exposed to this question, as this is the play-off. As the interviewer want to hear that what you can do for this organization. Don’t reply like; “I am the appropriate & experienced candidate.” Add judicious facts please. RIPOSTE WITH TWO OR THREE ABILITIES THAT MATCH THE POSITION.
- DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION?
Do prepare for this question in advance. The NO to this question have an adverse impact. Don’task too many questions. You can ask, “what are your expectations from this position?”
P.S: Ask something that has been cited by the interviewer during the session.